Additive manufacturing can provide a wide range of production and design solutions in the automotive world.
Allowing engineers to create and deign components in a way that were not before possible. Additive manufacturing can create parts that are lighter, stronger and more durable.
Making 1 off parts faster then conventional machining, can give massive advantages in testing and product development, as well as limited run production parts.
- Create hollow sections inside components
- Make internal low-density structures in fill areas that do not need to be solid
- Use less material by eliminating where it is not needed; even in hard to reach or see places
- Create parts more suited to the requirement
- A greater flexibility in materials eg. Lighter or stronger
- A larger range of materials
- The ability to create ribbing or structures in places where previously not possible
- Component geometry better suited to their conditions
- Faster prototype production for better product development
- Faster one-off item productions
- Fast turn-around for design concept
- Faster turnaround for test parts and prototyping
- Ability to test in different materials and build orientations
- Low volume custom part capability