In military developing the right equipment is a matter of life and death. Additive manufacturing offers super fast prototype production that allows better and faster testing to deliver more reliable military components.
Additive manufacturing allows the creation of parts in a matter of hours, allowing military equipment to have the least down-time possible.
Cutting edge technology gives our soldiers a crucial advantage on the battle field. Additive manufacturing is being used in a large range of military applications from state of the art weaponry and armour to high tech surveillance drones. Additive manufacturing gives super-fast part turn around as well as the ability to develop and adapt components to the military environment.
Rapid Part Production
- On demand replacement parts for existing machinery
- Quicker turnaround on prototypes
- Less development costs
- Low volume production parts
Research and Development
- Faster testing parts
- Variety of materials available – Titanium Gr23, 316 Stainless Steel, H13 Tool Steel, Aluminium and 718 Inconel
- Capability to develop geometries that were not previously possible
Using New Geometry
- New geometry capability allowing the improvement of already existing equipment
- Removing material where it is not needed
- Internal low density section to improve weight properties
- Internal low density design capability to reduce weight and use less material
- More efficient vehicles and aircraft
- Less infantry fatigue
Our company capabilities are vast with the unique ability of offering both Metal 3D Printing, Machining and Fabrication in the one facility. Amiga Engineering is the company that can offer all of these services under the one roof – one of a kind in Australia.
Vehicle hinges, drone parts, wearable tech and exterior shells to keep electrical equipment safe (ie battery holders) are just a few examples of how Metal 3D Printing can be used in Military and Defence. There is much more that Metal 3D Printing can be part of; all of the above – anything that can help our soldiers, vehicles, ships and submarines.