Medical and Health Industry
Everyone is different and every medical solution requires a custom/tailored solution
Additive Manufacturing has the ability to create one-off custom parts in a matter of hours; this makes it perfect for the modern day Medical industry
With the use of scan data, technicians can create custom parts that fit patients individual needs exactly.
When people’s lives are on the line, medical institutions need fast and reliable solutions.
Additive Manufacturing can produce a part in a matter of hours. These parts are often one-off and custom designed for each patient.
With the ability to use MRI and other scanning equipment to create parts that fit the patient’s exact needs, Additive Manufacturing offers the ability to create parts that will not only meet the patients’ needs but can also create tools and fixtures used in medical procedures all in a wide range of medical grade materials.
This is the absolute latest in production; for the most important people, the patients.
Medical Grade Metal Materials
Grade 23 Titanium (Ti6AI4V Gr. 23)
Suitable for Medical Devices, Bio-compatible implantable, Osseointegration textures, Complex Structural Designs
Stainless Steel 316L
Custom Surgical Instruments, Surgical Fixations, Drill guides
Medical Grade Polymer Materials
(Example) Venturi valve respirator components, 70°C heat deflection temperature
Pre-operative Planning, Surgical Kits, USP Class Vi, Autoclavable
Pre-operative planning, high resolution, USP Class VI, Autoclavable, Surgical guides, swift printing times
- Custom parts to fit the exact patients’ requirements
- The ability to create geometry to fit and bond to body parts (by using osseointegration textures)
- Adjustable strength in geometry to replicate the body’s needs
- Less operating time due to correct part fitment
Medical Jigs & Tooling
- The creation of medical cutting guides and fixtures
- Custom prosthetics, orthotics
- Custom surgical instruments
- The ability to create one-off custom parts to suit the patients’ exact needs
- One-off parts made in a matter of hours for urgent surgeon requirements (dependent on finishing required)
- Jig and fixture manufacture used in surgery
Venturi Valve Components – printed by Amiga
We are sure that by now you have all heard of the Italian company called Isinnova. This Startup has been Printing urgently needed Venturi Valves for a Hospital in the town of Chiari, located in the Brescia area of Northern Italy. The company Printed 100 of the Valves for the Chiari Hospital using a ProX 6100 in Medical Grade Nylon. After Reading the Article written by Amy Feldman at Forbes on the 19th of March Amiga AM started gearing up to be Ready in case of a similar shortage in Australia. We stated by printing the same Venturi Valve that Isinnova produced for the Chiari Hospital as a baseline before moving onto another Publicly Available Venturi Valve File. These Parts have been printed in PRO BLK 10 which is Biocompatible capable per ISO10993-5 and ISO10993-10